Duels of Fortune
A downloadable game for Windows
Welcome to Duels of Fortune, an explosive 2.5D fighting game featuring a crazy diverse cast of loveable characters with unique superpowers, and an open-ended, freeform gameplay style that lets you play the game your way. It provides a simple control scheme that makes the game accessible for beginners, while keeping plenty of mechanical and character-based depth for serious players to dig into.
From intense clashes against friends and rivals, to expansive singleplayer content, to heaps of fun and interesting character lore to read up on, there's something for everyone in Duels of Fortune!
- VERSUS MODE - Battle it out in traditional 1-on-1 duels!
- ARCADE MODE - Fight your way through a bracket of increasingly difficult opponents, culminating with a special boss fight!
- TRAINING MODE - Practice your skills using a customizable training dummy!
- MISSION MODE - Participate in over 50 special fights that add unique challenges or conditions to spice up the match!
- BOSS FIGHTS - Easily rematch any of the crazy and challenging bosses found throughout the game!
- COMBO TRIALS - Learn what each character can do by trying out increasingly tricky pre-made combos!
- STAGE HAZARDS - A toggleable feature that flips stages on their head with all sorts of crazy effects, including ring-out zones, throwable items, giant skeletons that attack you from the background, and MORE!!
- LORE JOURNAL - Read up on the lore and backstory of each character, and learn what they fight for!
- JUKEBOX - Jam out to the bangin' soundtrack composed by Jack7, with some additional guest tracks included as well!
- All with over 15 UNIQUE FIGHTERS to choose from, with many more on the way!
- Perform stylish and dynamic combos with an open-ended attack cancel system!
- Build up your Super Meter to unleash powerful and cinematic Super Moves, or defend yourself in a pinch with invincible Reversal attacks!
- Strategically use Break Burst to shut down your opponents' combos, or go all-in on your own combo with a well-timed Blast Burst!
- Schmoove around the stage with a variety of mobility mechanics, including dashes, long jumps, airdashes, free air drifting, and tons of different character-specific options!
- Choose between two styles of blocking: button-based blocking, or back-to-block!
- And on top of all that, explore each character's plethora of unique attributes, giving every one of them a completely distinct feel and style!
What would a fighting game be without its fun and diverse cast of playable characters? Here's just a handful of the exciting fighters you can look forward to trying out!
(Disclaimer: This section is NOT a move list, just a fun way to display character's different strengths and attributes!)
Clyde is a boxing prodigy with an attitude, and one of the most renowned fighters in the world. Clyde doesn't need any weapons; his fists, his natural speed, and his ability to create fire from his hands are all he needs to put up a good fight!
- TRAILBLAZER - Rush in and overwhelm your opponents with Clyde's incredible speed and offensive capabilities, including built-in cross-ups with his unique dash!
- BRING THE HEAT - Clyde's special moves are focused on raw power and combo utility, delivering fiery punches left and right to keep his offense going!
- KING OF THE RING - Keep your opponent on the ropes with fast mix-ups that force equally fast reactions!
Annie is a young engineer with a big brain, and an even bigger heart. Using her powerful mechanical arm, her vast arsenal of gadgets, and her helpful robotic companion Gizmo, she holds her own even despite her lack of experience!
- GADGET GIRL - Annie's wide array of projectiles and traps let her set up an unbreakable defense, and she has the tools to easily convert her long-range zoning into close-up pressure!
- BLAST OFF - Annie's special rocket boots grant her a midair jump, as well as the ability to drastically slow down her fall speed!
- HELPING HAND - Annie's Super Moves summon her little robo-buddy Gizmo to assist her in various ways, like firing massive lasers or carpet-bombing the whole stage!
Long ago, Rattlebone was a royal knight who loyally served his kingdom, until one day he fell victim to a horrible trebuchet accident. Now, revived into the modern day in skeletal form, he continues to fight as honourably as ever with his trusty sword and shield!
- FOR HONOUR - A hearty and noble fighter, Rattlebone is primarily focused on traditional, no-nonsense swordplay!
- RATTLE ME BONES - Rattlebone's skeletal form grants him plenty of new techniques, like throwing his own head as a bouncing projectile!
- CHIVALROUS SPIRIT - Unleash a powerful Super Move that imbues Rattlebone's sword with special properties for a limited time!
Shoto is a young, yet highly skilled student of the Locks Dojo. While he may appear to have the personality of a cardboard box, his powers of electricity and his unbreakable focus in combat make him a force to be reckoned with!
- GREASED LIGHTNING - Shoto's attacks are fast and precise, giving him a natural advantage in hand-to-hand combat!
- GLASS CANNON - Shoto may sport a low health pool, but he's got lots of ways to dish out far more damage in return!
- SHOTOKAN SPECIAL - With straightforward projectiles, a powerful uppercut, and a flurry of advancing kicks, Shoto remains true to his namesake while putting his own unique spin on the formula!
A brash, delinquent young adult from the Capital, Red's aggressive and brutish nature is reflected in his fighting style. Red aims to get in his opponent's face and stay there, relentlessly beating them down with his energy beam!
- BRUTE STRENGTH - Red is a powerful attacker who prefers to brute-force his way in, rather than relying on speed or zoning.
- UNYIELDING RAGE - Red's special Rage mechanic lets him unleash stronger versions of his special moves after taking or dealing enough damage!
- SMASHIN' KNEECAPS - Thanks to his many grappling attacks and deadly mix-ups, Red almost never has to let up his offense once he has the advantage!
Often called the "strongest man alive", Baron's overwhelming desire to fight strong opponents led him down a dark, bloody path that ended with a life sentence. Now set free again thanks to the manipulation of Sylvan Blackjack, his titanic strength and powerful grappling techniques will crush all who oppose him.
- WRESTLING LEGEND - Baron's mighty grappling moves can dish out damage like nothing else, and can even be comboed together under the right circumstances!
- UNBREAKABLE - With a huge HP pool and a variety of armoured attacks, Baron is both an unstoppable force, AND an immovable object!
- THE BIGGER THEY ARE... - Baron's great power comes at the cost of mobility. Use your techniques wisely to keep the opponent on the back foot and avoid getting overwhelmed!
Sylvan is the founder and CEO of the Diamondeye Company, one of the largest and richest corporations in the world. Naturally, this can only mean that Sylvan is as sleazy and underhanded as they come, and he'll put all his chips down to get the job done.
- ACES HIGH - Sylvan revolves around his card drawing mechanic. The more Aces he draws using his card draw attacks, the more options he gains!
- FULL HOUSE - When Sylvan has all 4 aces, he enters a state called Full House mode, where he becomes extraordinarily powerful for a limited time!
- GOOD LUCK - It can take some time and luck to get to Full House mode, but tools like a slot machine that grants random effects, and your faithful bodyguard Mr. Withers, can help buy you some time.
Once a feared high-seas pirate, Shiverskull is back from the dead to plunder the competition! With his twin swords and the help of his trusted pirate crew, he isn't afraid to take some serious risks to win. You can't kill what's already dead!
- AYE, MATEYS - Shiverskull can summon the members of his pirate crew one after another to perform assist attacks, each with their own strengths and uses!
- RECKLESS SAILOR - Shiverskull is great when it comes to running in and putting on the pressure — but be careful, as messing up can cost you dearly!
- MORE SWORDS - Wield a deadly Super Move that summons a ring of damaging swords around you for a short time!
Black Heart is an alien parasite that feeds off people's inner hatred to take on their form. Having taken the form of Clyde, Black Heart inherits his speed and fire abilities, but like the trickster they are, they use those powers in much more devious ways.
- TRICKSTER - Black Heart is capable of all sorts of mix-ups that are extremely difficult to react to, forcing their opponents into a guessing game!
- SLIPPERY SLIME - Black Heart has some of the trickiest movement in the game, with unique dashes and special moves that let them easily dodge enemy attacks!
- HEART BREAKER - Rain terror with a Super Move that traps the opponent in a massive smoke cloud, letting you be nearly invisible as you get in their face!
A poor, mundane office worker who got in way over his head, Guy joins the Duels of Fortune tournament hoping to turn his life around by winning the grand prize. Unfortunately, he'll quickly learn that he's no match for his competition... after all, he's just a normal guy!
- WORST-CASE SCENARIO - Guy can attack with his briefcase, and throw it as a highly damaging projectile... but if he can't get it back, he's in serious trouble!
- AVERAGE JOE - Take a sip of coffee to get a quick energy boost, increasing your speed and mobility for a short time! Just mind the caffeine crash afterward...
- TAXI PLEASE! - Guy features a Super Move that calls a taxi to slam into the opponent! Though, don't be surprised if it takes a while to arrive...
Everyone's favourite green, legless superhero, Callowman blurs the line a bit between bravery and stupidity. But regardless of his quality as a hero, he certainly has the raw strength to warrant being called the mightiest warrior in the universe!
- GRAPPLING WITH EVIL - Callowman's slew of advancing grappling attacks make him extremely fearsome to fight, especially since he's no slouch on speed!
- SHOW OFF - Successfully taunting as Callowman powers up your grabs, and you can use his taunts in combos! Now that's what I call a flex!
- ALMIGHTY POWER - One of Callowman's Super Moves, if used with a full Super Meter AND a full taunt-buff meter, can instantly KO the opponent!!
The fourth-wall-breaking, two-dimensional menace, Doodle emerges from the depths of development hell to exact his revenge for all the cancelled games he was meant to star in. The first step of his vengeance quest? Breaking ALL the rules!
- CHARGE UP - Doodle goes against the game's normal control scheme, introducing special moves inputted with charge motions!
- METER BURNER - Unload tons of damage with a Super Move that lets you spend even more meter to increase its power!
- ULTIMATE DOODLE - Doodle also features a Super Move that lets him briefly use his charge attacks with no charge required, giving him even more damage potential!
A glitch entity with a dominating presence, ERROR pulls from the deepest reaches of the game's code to bring forth some of the strangest and most unique abilities in the game! But be warned, getting a handle on this dangerous defect may be trickier than you think!
- CONTROL FREAK - ERROR possesses stretchy limbs, portals and projectiles that can block off portions of the stage, and the ability to push and pull the opponent around, making for a terrifying array of space-controlling tools!
- ZERO GRAVITY - With the press of a button, ERROR can delete their own gravity to fly freely around the stage for a limited time!
- FATAL ERROR - Strike fear into the hearts of those who oppose you with a Super Move that makes your portals take the opponent to YOUR dimension...
(NOTE: ERROR is a secret character. To play as them, press Start while hovering over the Random icon)
Duels of Fortune has a lot to offer, but it's still in a beta state. Here's a snippet of some of the content and features you can expect to be added as we continue to develop the game!
- MORE CHARACTERS - Duels of Fortune's final roster is sure to be at least triple the size it was at the Early Access launch, increasing its depth and giving you even more ways to play! Some fighters will even be guest characters from other games!
- STORY MODE - Experience a charming and hilarious, yet deeply emotional story, complete with cinematic cutscenes and unique, challenging fights that you couldn't replicate anywhere else in the game!
- EXPANDED MISSION MODE - Tons of new fights will be added to Mission Mode over the game's lifespan!
- INSANE ARCADE MODE - A much harder alternate route for Arcade Mode that will have you battling your way through some of the most challenging opponents in the game!
- ...AND MORE!! - From new stages, to new music, to new costumes, there's plenty to look forward to as Duels of Fortune continues to grow!
A game by Ben Soars and Kaleb O'Halloran
Original soundtrack by Kyle Keller of Jack7 Games https://twitter.com/Jack7Games
Logo design by Ciao https://twitter.com/VonKrukru
Sound effects created ourselves or obtained from Freesound.org and zapsplat.com
Playtesting/Quality Assurance Group:
Mason "CHAOKOCartoons" Hardison
Guest/Cameo Content Rights Holders:
Andrea Demetrio (Schwarzerblitz, ExploJudo)
Nathan Burton (Hyper Team Recon)
Jack7 (Neo Force Gaiden)
Mikayla "V4N4NITE" O'Halloran
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Author||Cosmic Hat Games|
|Tags||3D, Arcade, Casual, combos, fighter, Local multiplayer, PvP, Unity|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
|Player count||1 - 2|
|Links||Twitter, YouTube, Discord|
- Spooktober Returns! Version 0.6.1 is Live (+ Hiatus Notice)38 days ago
- Necromantic Secretary, Lumina!! Version 0.6.0 is live!52 days ago
- Quick Hotfix! Version 0.5.2 is Live97 days ago
- Version 0.5.1 is Live!98 days ago
- A Derrick-Shaped Update!! Version 0.5.0 is Live! (+5th Anniversary)Aug 10, 2023
- Swimming in Fixes! Version 0.4.1 is Live!Jun 22, 2023
- Ember Joins the Fight!! Version 0.4.0 is Live!Jun 18, 2023
- A Foolishly Late Update! Version 0.3.1 is Live!Apr 20, 2023